Learn why your students should consider a career in cybersecurity! High demand jobs, high pay, fascinating work, while making a difference.
A 90-minute interactive workshop, with a live demonstration of CyberStart Game and details on the $2 million National Cyber Scholarship program.
What will you learn at the workshop?
• What is cybersecurity and types of jobs in the field.
• What is the cyber skills shortage and how big is it?
• Identifying students who might like cyber careers (not just techies)
• Pathways to cyber via 4-yr or community college or the military
• How students can prepare via coursework or extracurricular activities
• Cybersecurity student support resources including: CyberStart to enable students to discover & develop their talent, National Cyber Scholarships, free posters, video library of young cybersecurity professionals discussing their jobs and how they prepared, pathway cards.
For attending this free workshop, School Counselors will come away with:
• $50 Amazon Gift Certificate for eligible Counselors
• The “Cyber Aware Counselor” badge
• Top Cybersecurity Careers poster*
• Access to a library of interviews of young cyber professionals
• A new understanding of cybersecurity job opportunities for your kids
• 1 CE credit for counselor licensing requirement (pending)
* If you would like to receive a printed poster for attending the event, please add in your address to the registration form.