Skills and knowledge highlighted in this training include
• Legislation and agreed ways of working
• Communication skills
• Factors affecting end of life care
• Care planning in relation to end of life
• Nutrition and hydration
• Loss and bereavement for the families and the patient
• Available support for the individual and key people
• Consideration of individuals ideals and beliefs
• The last 48hrs of life & support individuals through the process of dying
• Managing and dealing with their own feelings/staff support
• For trained staff this course also includes the basics of pain/symptom control along with some of the common drugs/treatments used
• The duration of this webinar is approx. 2.5 hours – Course times 1.30 pm to 4.00 pm
• Invoices can be raised if you are not able to use PayPal, payment is required in advance of attending training
Additional joining instructions and considerations:
1. Download the Zoom App to your preferred device in advance of your webinar training session.
2. Be aware of your learning environment / background noise and if you are using a smart device (phone / tablet), earphones with a built in microphone will improve your learning experience.
3. Do not share the link to join the webinar, it is unique to you. Sharing the link or a screen may affect registration and your certification of attendance.
4. It is advisable to be connected to WiFi to avoid potential data roaming / usage charges.
5. You will need to attend at least 90% of the tuition time to receive a certificate