Skills and knowledge highlighted in this training include
• General overview of mental health problems (signs and symptoms, nature and causes) and how they affect people
• Understand current approaches to care and treatment in hospital, residential units and the community
• Mental health diagnosis
• Types of mental illness i.e. depression, bipolar, psychosis and anxiety
• The importance of social inclusion
• Identify the verbal and nonverbal cues (challenging behaviour) that can suggest a mental health problem
• Practical steps to improve your own mental health
• Managing clients and employers expectation
• The law and mental health problems
• Have an understanding of the Mental Health Act 1983
• What help is available in your community
Webinar sessions may be recorded for training and monitoring/evaluation purposes. Acute Training Solutions Limited (Acute) reserve the right to use any session in full or part in the future.
The webinar session will not record any video footage of the attendees, it will only record audio. Any reference to an attendee will be by name only, no other data will be used to identify any individuals other than an employee or representative of Acute.
Please advise an Acute representative at the time of booking if you do not agree for you or your colleagues for whom the session has been booked, to be recorded and this function will be switched off.
Acute also reserve the right to delete any webinar recordings at any time.