Palm oil crushers and refiners sit within a bottleneck of the palm oil industry. Because of this, they serve as key actors in establishing and enforcing sustainability commitments.
Join ZSL’s (Zoological Society of London) SPOTT initiative, BMO Global Asset Management, and Chain Reaction Research (CRR) as we team up to discuss new insights on this sector’s sustainability commitments and connection to leakage markets.
Some key topics we will discuss:
• What are crushers and refiners and why are they important in palm oil supply chains?
• Do these companies have sufficient deforestation and traceability commitments?
• To what extent are companies reporting implementation of these commitments?
• How do these companies contribute to leakage markets?
• What role does the financial sector play in achieving zero-deforestation palm oil supply chains?