Welcome to BioRender’s Learning Hub! Join this exclusive "Work From Home" webinar on creating figures for a lay audience. In this one-hour session, learn actionable tips and techniques for designing simplified science figures for your friends, families, patients, social media followers and the general public! During this session, we'll be highlighting tips for communicating with your audience - especially on important topics such as COVID-19.
We'll be covering communication tips for a lay audience including how to:
- Simplify complex concepts
- Use visual analogies to share ideas
- Include the right amount of detail
- Convey the right tone
- Create compelling social media posts
- Optimize legibility using "high-contrast" figures
- Select proper colors to communicate your message
- and more - including a brief introduction to the BioRender software!
This webinar will be led by BioRender Cofounder and CEO, Shiz Aoki, CEO and Co-founder of BioRender and the former Lead Science Illustrator of National Geographic. Shiz has been a leading figure in the science illustration community for over 10 years.
BioRender is the easy-to-use science illustration tool that’s quickly becoming a staple in academic institutions and labs around the world! You’ve probably spent countless hours trying to create biological diagrams using Powerpoint, Illustrator or even pen and paper. Scientists in academia, industry, government and publishing will inevitably require clear communication of ideas in order to advance their research and careers.