Following up on past summits in 2008, 2014, and 2017, in Collingwood, Ontario we are excited to announce that the 2020 Lake Huron-Georgian Bay Summit is going virtual!
Please join us for this FREE event. This is an opportunity to broaden the Lake Huron-Georgian Bay network, share experiences, and identify tools and approaches that will assist all participants in advancing conservation and protection initiatives around the watershed.
Agenda - Day 2 (9:30-11:30am)
- Welcome, Mari Veliz, Ausable Bayfield Conservation Authority
- Assessing and Enhancing the Resilience of Great Lakes Coastal Wetlands, Greg Mayne, Environment and Climate Change Canada
- Integrated Community Energy and Climate Action Plans, Ben John, Georgian Bay Biosphere
- Winds of Change, Natasha Akiwenzie, Bagida-waad Alliance
- Soil and Climate Change, Jacqui Empson Laporte, Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs
- Moderated panel discussion on climate change, Aisha Chiandet, Severn Sound Environmental Association; Phil Beard, Maitland Valley Conservation Authority; David Sweetnam, Georgian Bay Forever
- Wrap up and closing, Mari Veliz, Ausable Bayfield Conservation Authority
Registration link for Day 1 of the virtual summit: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_6MKapXtUQ7ONcI0uoCfBgQ