As youth-serving professionals, we have a chance to provide life-changing support to gender expansive youth and young adults who may not receive this from schools, family, friends, and community. Learn how your healthcare settings can provide affirming and comprehensive care to transgender and gender diverse youth.
- Define gender and the intersection with sexual orientation
- Be aware of the neurological differences in trans people and the lack of binary systems in the human body
- Consider human variation as common/uncommon rather than normal/abnormal
- Understand that support and acceptance are the keys to success for optimizing health outcomes among gender diverse people
One hour of continuing education credit will be provided for the following:
- Social Work (SW): Provider #6838
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC): Provider #2374
- Continuing Professional Education (CPE): Provider # 902-395
- Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES/MCHES): Sponsored by Texas A&M
University, a designated provider of continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health
education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc.