FH Europe is supporting International Women’s Day 2021. Each year International Women’s Day is celebrated to recognise the achievements of women while calling for greater gender equality. This year’s theme for International Women’s Day is “Choose to Challenge” and we, at FH Europe, are choosing to challenge common heart health beliefs and share some of the realities of female heart health that are seldom addressed.
Hear from our FH patient ambassadors about their challenges and solutions, while going through different phases. Learn from our medical experts how to best manage FH at different life stages.
• Sam Gidding, moderator, FH Europe Trustee and Advisory Committee Co-Chair, senior author of the Global Call to Action on FH (USA)
• Karolin Kastowsky-Priglinger, entrepreneur and vegan foodie, Familial Hypercholesterolemia Patient perspective (Austria)
• Michelle Watts, rare disease patient advocate, Familial Hypercholesterolemia Patient perspective(USA)
• Jeanine Roeters van Lennep, clinician, scientist and EAS Exec Board Member discussing cardiovascular disease in women (Netherlands)
• Steve Humphries, Simon Broome UK FH register committee member Cardiovascular Genetics at University College London (UK)
This event will also be simultaneously translated into German. It will also be live-streamed on Facebook in English. If more than 100 people join the Zoom webinar, you will be redirected to Facebook.
You can watch the first webinar from this series on women and Cardiovascular disease on out YouTube channel. Both webinars are endorsed by the European Atherosclerosis Society.