At the conclusion of this training, parents will:
- Understand the role of the Center and the federal laws created to protect amateur athletes.
- Recognize the nature and scope of abuse in sports.
- Recognize the Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policies (MAAPP), youth protection, and its intersection with sport program requirements.
- Know your impact as a parent in creating culture change within sport.
- Understand mandatory reporting requirements and procedures.
- Identify at least 2 new prevention resources provided by the Center that were previously unknown.