This webinar will address the need for a software tool for the joint simulation of BIPV products and building energy performance by presenting BIMSOLAR software as a tool that helps the end-users to integrate BIPV in the design, construction and management of their buildings.
BIMSOLAR works as a Software as a Service platform, providing support to every stakeholder involved in solar building design. eCatalogs feed in solar PV simulation with specific BIPV parameters, enriching virtual design facilities and improving thermal and visual performance. Showcasing BIPV products inside virtual workspaces supports supply chain actors and designers helping them to start a direct relationship with commercial commitment.
The tool will be explored through a practical demonstration based on PVSITES project demo sites.
A moderated Q&A session will conclude the webinar.
1. INTRODUCTION to BIPV design - need of digital tools to support design and design (Tjerk Reijenga, BEAR-ID)
- feedback - experience
- opportunities on the market today and tomorrow"
2. SOFTWARE to support BIPV design (Philippe Alamy, CADCAMATION)
- BIMsolar overview - main features
- PVSITES BIM plugins for Autodesk REVIT
- Virtual products / PVSITES eCatalog in use
- Reference use cases for PVSITES: 7 real demo sites"
3. BIM and connections for architecture, Engineering and Construction (Van Khai Nguyen, CADCAMATION)
- BIM innovation / digital twins of BIPV products
- User experience through the PVSITES eCatalog into the BIMsolar web platform
- BIMsolar + PVSITES plugins to push BIPV innovation into the AEC reference workflow for sustainable design"