Let’s examine the basics of system-to-system collaboration for connecting with the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI) and the regional educational service districts (ESDs). To strengthen education partnerships, our focus will be on organizational culture and structure. The Student Assistance Prevention-Intervention Services Program will be featured. Content will be targeted to coalition partners working in substance-use and behavioral health prevention and intervention in partnerships with school communities. Other attendees are welcome.
Expect the following topics:
· Roles and relationships of OSPI and ESDs
· Overview of Basic Education
· Governance and organization at the state level
· Reference to Community Prevention and Wellness Initiative (CPWI)
Who Should Participate?
· Coalition Coordinators (CPWI, DFC, MPEP, YMPEP, etc.)
· Community-based organization leaders or contract managers invested in improving behavioral health through school partnerships
· Mandy Paradise, Prevention-Intervention Services Program Supervisor - OSPI
· Joy Lyons, Prevention and Youth Services Manager – ESD 112