- Founded in 1955, ISEP is a member of the prestigious Conférence des Grandes Ecoles. Grand Ecoles are elite educational institutes with highly competitive admission requirements, whose graduates most often adorn the highest echelons of the French Society, in the private as well as the public sectors.
- The school has two campuses, with the main one in Paris in the 6ème - located in the heart of Paris, next to the Quartier Latin, and the 2nd one in suburban Paris, Issy les Moulineaux.
- ISEP’s forte is in electronics, telecommunication and computer science.
- ISEP offers courses in the key areas of the Information Technology, Computer Science & Cybersecurity, Electronics & Robotics, Telecommunications & Internet of Things (IoT), Imaging & Health and Artificial Intelligence, under the three main departments of Electronics, Telecommunication and Information systems. ISEP has ten laboratories for teaching and research.
- The Teaching faculty comprises permanent members, as well as guest lecturers and experts from the industrial world.
- Both the MSc programs run over 3 semesters, the first two being academic and the third one providing internship in a company in France or abroad, which equips the students with relevant knowledge and life-skills that makes it easy for them to start their careers.
ISEP has partnerships with many International Universities and several companies (Thales, STMicroelectronics, ATMEL) much to the benefit of its students. It has a strong worldwide program orientation (co-operation agreements with more than 20 international institutions, member of 3 international exchange programs).