In the framework of the Bled Strategic Forum, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Slovenia has been organising the Latin American and Caribbean Days international conference (LAC Days), aimed at strengthening bilateral and bi-regional cooperation with the countries of Latin America and the Caribbean.
The third Latin American and Caribbean Days will take place from 19 to 23 April 2021 in digital format. The discussions taking place between 21 and 23 April can be followed by completing the registration below or live via the Bled Strategic Forum YouTube channel.
Economic discussions will focus on existing and new opportunities in trade and investment relations between Slovenia and LAC countries, and offer an insight into possible cooperation between Slovenia and LAC. In sector-specific panels, the possible cooperation on environmental issues of common interest, especially on sustainable water management, circular economy and in other areas of science and research will be addressed, focusing on green and digital transition as well as cooperation between research institutions and researchers from LAC countries, Slovenia and the European Union. The cultural part of the conference will include short documentary films presenting environmental, scientific and anthropological themes from both regions.
Video addresses by high representatives from several EU and LAC countries will be broadcast throughout the week of the conference.
The 2021 LAC Days panels will address:
- Circular economy: Good practices from both regions, 21 April 2021 (15.45–18.00 CET)
- Integrated water management in changing climate, 21 April 2021 (18.00–20.00 CET)
- Strengthening bi-regional economic cooperation, 22 April 2021 (16.00–19.00 CET)
- EU and LAC: Twin transition, missions and citizen science, 22 April (19.00–21.00 CET)
- Horizon Europe: An opportunity for a strengthened cooperation between the EU and LAC, 23 April 2021 (16.00–19.30 CET)