You are invited to this Cork Smart Gateway webinar that will provide an insight into these new services and showcases applications and technology advancements that will leverage them. The webinar will open with a brief introduction to what 5G is, followed by Vodafone presenting 5G’s potential when it is combined with its expertise in IoT. Depuy Synthes, the Orthopaedics Company of Johnson & Johnson, will showcase its application use case and the potential of 5G in smart manufacturing. Furthermore, we will have two presentations by researchers, one by Trinity College Dublin on the new 5G optical network testbed where pioneering work is being carried on the convergence of fixed-mobile and access-metro networks and on the virtualisation of next generation networks and the other from the Tyndall National Institute on their newly established Wireless Communications Laboratory and its research focus and developments.
09.00am - 10:00am – Speakers
• Prof. Dirk Pesch, School of Computer Science & IT, University College Cork
• Colin Barrett, IoT Country Manager at Vodafone Ireland.
• Kevin Crean, Senior Manager of Emerging Capability Development at Johnson & Johnson
• Dr. Marco Ruffini, Associate Professor and Fellow of Trinity College Dublin
• Dr. Holger Claussen, Head of Wireless Communications Laboratory at Tyndall National Institute
10:00 - 10:30 Q&A