This webinar aims to identify health system elements and approaches needed for CARICOM governments to effectively monitor the safety of COVID-19 vaccines. It will also assist to identify areas for potential collaboration among key stakeholders in order to support vaccine safety surveillance in the region.
Key topics to be addressed are:
• The need for vaccine safety surveillance irrespective of source of vaccine
• System requirements for effective vaccine safety surveillance, including good distribution practices,
• The need for collaboration between national immunization programmes and pharmaceutical
• Experiences and lessons learned from immunization programmes in light of pandemics
• The role of CARPHA-CRS in supporting vaccine safety surveillance in the Caribbean