It’s not just medicines that improve health — pharmacists need a better understanding of nutrition.
Shifa International Hospitals Ltd in collaboration of Shifa Center of Professional Excellence has organised the webinar on “Nutrition Support Pharmacy Services” which will give newcomers an exposure about the importance of nutrition for a pharmacist.
This activity is designed to update clinical knowledge that will help you to improve your daily practice, enhance patient confidence and improve patient safety.
Enteral Nutrition: If the gut works, use it.
Parenteral Nutrition: TPN
• Rehan Anjum, Clinical Pharmacist, Shifa International Hospitals Ltd.
• Samina Latif, Staff Pharmacist Aseptic compounding services, Shifa International Hospitals Ltd.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants should be able to:
• Describe concepts about nutrition for patients.
• Identify Enteral and parenteral nutrition and selection of one.
• Demonstrate of energy requirement.
• Explain nutritional formulas diet or TPN composition.
• Analyze cautions - monitoring with feeding.
Who Should Attend?
• Pharmacy Students
• Medical Officer
• Medical Student
• Healthcare Professional
Time & Duration:
03:00 pm – 04:00 pm (PST)
02 CME Hours (Two Hours)
The assessment in this activity is divided into the following components:
• End of Session Assessment – Online
• Reflection on improvement – assessment after 02 months
Mode of Teaching:
The activity is highly participatory, offered through interactive plenaries, individual presentations, group case-based learning and presentations via webinar.
The Faculty/Speaker, CME Planning Committee, Reviewer, Moderator and any individual connected to this activity confirms that they do not have any relevant financial relationships with any commercial interests to disclose.