Welcome to BioRender’s Learning Hub! Join this exclusive "Work From Home" webinar on creating better figures for your manuscripts/publications. In this one-hour session, learn actionable tips and techniques for designing clear science figures for journal publications, including:
- How to optimize multi-panel images (graphs, schematics, photos, etc)
- How to select the right color palette for your illustrations
- How to optimize space and margins for clarity
- How to properly label and number sequential figures
- Tricks to optimize contrast and saturation for figures
- How to follow journal guidelines while adding your own creative flair
.... plus, a brief introduction to the BioRender software!
This webinar will be led by Shiz Aoki, CEO and Co-founder of BioRender and the former Lead Science Illustrator of National Geographic. Shiz has been a leading figure in the science illustration community for over 10 years.
Joining Shiz is Joseph Zeppa, PhD - Scientific Solutions Consultant and Customer Success Manager at BioRender. Joseph earned his BMSc and PhD in Microbiology and Immunology from the University of Western Ontario prior to obtaining a Postdoctoral Associate position at the University of Pittsburgh in the department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics.
BioRender is the easy-to-use science illustration tool that’s quickly becoming a staple in academic institutions and labs around the world! You’ve probably spent countless hours trying to create biological diagrams using Powerpoint, Illustrator or even pen and paper. Scientists in academia, industry, government and publishing will inevitably require clear communication of ideas in order to advance their research and careers.