This program will focus on civics education in St. Paul Public Schools, with a discussion of the following topics:
- What does a civics education looks like in St. Paul Public Schools?
- How do current events, state education standards, and legislation affect classrooms?
- How can, and does, civics education help develop future voters?
- How will the current revision process for civics education at the state level (part of the Minnesota K-12 Academic Standards for Social Studies impact the curriculum?
The panel includes:
- Rebecca Biel, Social Studies Supervisor K-12, Office of Teaching and Learning
- Eric Erickson, Social Studies Teacher, Como Park High School
- Jaeden Sims, St. Paul Public School Student