Bioenergy offers Ireland inc with multi-sectoral benefits. Discussions on Bioenergy are mostly focused on the provision of energy and emissions reduction. In discussing this goal, we will broaden the conversation to the wider benefits of bioenergy including rural development, indigenous generated energy, enhancing biodiversity and community involvement. The sustainability of bioenergy is governed by strict criteria in the RED II Directive. Bioenergy plays a key role in sustainable forest management. Bioenergy assist biodiversity and habitat development.
Speakers at this webinar will explore the following areas:
- Enhancing the natural environment, rural communities and creating jobs in rural areas.
- Why is Ireland a laggard in Bioenergy deployment.
- Replacing fossil fuels imports with indigenous resources such as biogas, energy crops, woodchip & firewood.
- Sustainability and REDII - Protecting forest and hedgerow habitats.
- Biogas reducing chemical fertiliser input and enhancing biodiversity.
- Developing sustainable communities through Bioenergy projects.