Transform your understanding of reading aloud at our next Action Network Live event on September 16! Many people cherish the memory of being read a story at bedtime by a parent, grandparent, or older sibling. But few know how this simple act lights up the inner workings of a child’s brain – even older children and teens! Join pediatrician John Hutton and Wall Street Journal children’s book critic Meghan Gurdon as they explore the profound impact reading aloud can have on children’s development.
Topics they’ll cover include:
● How do school, community, and home reading environments affect children’s brains?
● How does active reading support family bonding and intellectual enrichment?
● What does reading aloud offer us in the digital age?
● Is there a right time and place to read to children?
● How are speech, language, vocabulary and literacy skills affected by reading aloud?
After the discussion, Meghan and John will answer audience questions. We hope you’ll join us!
This webinar WILL be recorded. Please register to receive a link to the recording when it is posted.
**By submitting this form, you agree to receive email updates from the Campaign for Commercial-Free Childhood. Don’t worry – we won’t flood your inbox and you can unsubscribe at any time.**
Learn more about the CCFC's Children's Screen Time Action Network at screentimenetwork.org.