Scott Magnuson, MD
Julia Crawford, BSc, MBBS, FRACS
Flippo Montevecchi, MD
Claudio Vicini, MD
• State how to evaluate the upper airway from an obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) perspective.
• Describe the heterogeneous nature of anatomical obstruction in obstructive sleep apnea.
• Explain how to identify the site of obstruction and determine if multi-level surgery is required.
• Describe and examine the surgical steps involved in common surgical interventions for
obstructive sleep apnea.
• Identify perioperative morbidity and how to manage this in the surgical treatment of OSA.
• Discuss the role of surgery in pediatric OSA.