This workshop is public. It has an emphasis on understanding how the economics of search and matching models can be useful for understanding economic and virological aspects of the Coronavirus epidemic.
More info here: http://www.simonmongey.com/covid-19-search-and-matching-workshop.html
The format of each workshop will be as follows:
- Each talk will be for 30 minutes
- 15 minutes discussion after each talk.
- The webinars will be recorded
Session 1 - May 14 - 1000-1230 CST
- Philipp Kircher - An Economic Model of the Covid-19 Epidemic: The Importance of Testing and Age-specific Policies
--- with Luiz Brotherhood, Cezar Santos, Michele Terilt
- Robert Shimer - Internal and External Effects of Social Distancing in a Pandemic
--- with Maryam Farboodi, Gregor Jarosch
- Lones Smith - The Behavioral SIR Model, with Applications to the Swine Flue Epidemic
--- with Marianna Kudlyak, Jussi Keppo, Elena Quercioli, Andrea Wilson
Session 2 - May 21 - 1000 - 1230 CST
Peter Rupert - Labor Markets During Pandemics
--- with Marek Kapicka
Victoria Gregory - Pandemic Recession: L or V-Shaped?
--- with Guido Menzio, David Wiczer
Ivan Werning - A Multi-Risk SIR Model with Optimally Targeted Lockdown
--- with Daron Acemoglu, Victor Chernozhukov, Michael D. Whinston
More info on Sessions 3, 4, 5 at: http://www.simonmongey.com/covid-19-search-and-matching-workshop.html
Any questions please email me: firstname.lastname@example.org