Both the European Union and many member states have made increasing cybersecurity and resilience to cyber threats a high political priority. Due to the international and cross-border significance of cybersecurity, it is important to proceed in a coordinated manner and to find common solutions at the European level that at the same time meet the requirements in the respective Member States.
The EU Cyberpolicy Forum will discuss how this can be achieved, who can make which contributions and how cooperation between industry, academia and public administration can be further strengthened.
The discussion will focus on strategic initiatives of the EU Cybersecurity Strategy, on concrete activities like critical infrastructure protection or industrial cybersecurity, cross border and cross industry cooperation, investments and research in cybersecurity or activities to overcome existing fragmentation which weakens cybersecurity across Europe. Another important area of discussion will be about Member State cybersecurity capabilities and frameworks and how cooperation and information exchange on EU level and globally could be improved.
The high-level panel will include:
• Bart Groothuis, Member of European Parliament, rapporteur on the NIS2
• Lorena Boix Alonso, Director for Digital Society, Trust & Cybersecurity, DG CONNECT, European Commission
• Guillaume Poupard, Director General, French National Cybersecurity Agency (ANSSI)
• Susana Asensio, Member of the Board of Directors, Industrial Cybersecurity Center, Spain
• Eugene Kaspersky, CEO, Kaspersky
We look forward to discussing these important topics with you on March 23rd !