The SEAFDEC Training Department (SEAFDEC/TD) in collaboration with the SEAFDEC Marine Fishery Resources Development and Management Department (MFRDMD) and SEAFDEC Secretariat (SEAFDEC/SEC) is therefore planning to convene the “Teleseminar on Way Forward for Combating IUU Fishing in Southeast Asia” from 24 to 26 August 2020.
The “Teleseminar on Way Forward for Combating IUU Fishing in Southeast Asia” aims to:
1. Share the on-going initiatives undertaken at various levels for combating IUU fishing; and
2. Identify new areas and way forward to combat IUU fishing in the Southeast Asian region.
25 August 2020 (Tuesday): 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. UTC +7 Bangkok time
Moderator by Mr. Isara Chanrachkij, SEAFDEC/TD
• Development of regional IUU fishing vessels watchlist: experience of the RPOA-IUU by RPOA-IUU Secretariat
• Innovations for combating IUU fishing: OceanMind’s initiatives by Ms. Natalie Tellwright, OceanMind
• Boosting the MCS networks for combating IUU fishing: experience of IMCS Network by Mr.Gary Orr, International MCS Network
• NOAA’s Support for SEA to combat IUU fishing by Dr. Katheryn Patterson, NOAA
For more information: http://www.seafdec.or.th/teleseminar-iuu/index.html