Skills and knowledge highlighted in this training include
• What is diabetes?
• All aspects of diabetes
• The short and long term effects of diabetes
• Diet (food & diabetes)
• Weight management
• Physical activity
• Insulin administration and blood testing
• Legal aspects of giving or supervising injections
• Monitoring and the impacts of diabetes
• Ensure staff within care, residential & nursing homes feel confident about managing clients with diabetes
• The duration of this webinar is approx. 2.5 hours - 1.30 pm to 4.00 pm
• Invoices can be raised if you are not able to use PayPal, payment is required in advance of attending training
Additional joining instructions and considerations:
1. Download the Zoom App to your preferred device in advance of your webinar training session.
2. Be aware of your learning environment / background noise and if you are using a smart device (phone / tablet), earphones with a built in microphone will improve your learning experience.
3. Do not share the link to join the webinar, it is unique to you. Sharing the link or a screen may affect registration and your certification of attendance.
4. It is advisable to be connected to WiFi to avoid potential data roaming / usage charges.
5. You will need to attend at least 90% of the tuition time to receive a certificate