The Introduction to Business Strategy Development course provides managers with skills and knowledge to begin the strategic planning process. The course provides an introduction to a disciplined approach to strategic planning which is a critical management activity needed to steer a business toward its desired future outcomes.
In this course, the following will be covered:
· What business strategy is and why developing strategy is important.
· The key steps needed in the strategic planning process.
· How to evaluate and improve vision and mission statements.
· Using analytical tools to assess the business environment.
- Steps needed for developing business strategy
- Evaluating and clarifying vision and mission statements
- Analyzing the business environment
- Performing an industry analysis
- Ways to analyze business competitors
*1-hour instructions on Tuesdays & Thursdays