Sopact is launching "All About Outcomes," a new webinar series to generate dialogue between the leaders and change-makers from the respective fields. Together we intend to learn about challenges, solutions, and risks of each Sustainable Development Goals theme areas.
We start with Community Development, as it affects us all.
This program is a Live Webinar & Q&A that is accessible from any web-enabled computer or mobile device.
Today community development, place-based investing, and particularly in the US, Opportunity Zones have captured the attention of investors, fund managers, policymakers, and community advocates. If un-checked, these instruments can bring changes in cities, states, or regions with significant potential negative impact on the neighborhoods they intend to help.
A live conversation with Eddie Lorin and Sashwin Pillai
Eddie Lorin, California, USA
Founder, Strategic Realty Holdings/Alliant Strategic Investment Funds/HAPI Foundation
Sashwin Pillai, South Africa
Africa Vision Holdings Founder, Sashwin Pillai is a Real Estate Development, Urban Infrastructure Investment, Financing, and Governance Specialist.
Topics of discussion:
1. Challenges and opportunities in community development theme in both developed and emerging markets
2. The evidence base for impacts and impact measurement
3. Actionable steps for increasing effective impact investing
Who should attend?
1) Public, private, and social sector practitioners
2) Local governments
3) Foundations and development finance institutions professionals who are seeking the transformation of their communities
4) Investors and asset managers practicing or willing to practice place-based investments
Looking forward to the insightful conversation! Thank you.