Author of new book ‘The Gifted Learner: How to Help’, Fidelma Healy Eames, PhD, MSc., BEd., is delighted to offer a two session course to your Education Centre. Two and a half years in the making, her new book shares research and practice informed by nineteen case studies with gifted learners ranging from 10 years – 58 years of age. Healy Eames’ study draws on 57 interviews she conducted with students, parents and a ‘nominated’ teacher who they felt understood them to highlight how to identify, recognise, understand and support the gifted learner.
Intended Audience: Teachers, Parents, School Management
In webinar 1 participants will:
1. Explore what giftedness is and how to identify a gifted learner drawing on a specially-designed framework for teachers and parents use.
2. Identify fascinating differences between high achievers, gifted learners and creative thinkers.
3. Discuss typical challenges and misconceptions surrounding giftedness and how to address.
4. Discuss ways to understand and support the gifted learner, drawing on useful resources.
In webinar 2 participants will:
1. Identify the gifted under-achiever and ways to better understand and support them.
2. Identify and discuss the 'twice-exceptional' (2e) learner, a child with both a gift and a learning difficulty, how to better understand and support them.
3. Discuss typical challenges and misconceptions surrounding this unique cohort of learners and ways to address.