Emergent Literacy- Looking at Tech, Task, Text, and Environment
In this webinar we will look at the work of Jane Farrall and others focusing on emergent literacy for students with disabilities. We will discuss how you can use the concepts of technology, tasks, texts, and environment to structure your literacy activities and discuss some tips and tools to fill your bag of literacy tricks.
- Learn why emergent literacy behaviors depend on tech, task, text, and environment and how to apply that to your work with students.
- Learn how to diversify access to technology for literacy
- Learn how to vary the task so interest levels stay high
- Explore texts for different abilities and goals
- Learn how to set up the environment for engagement
Presenters: Brenda Del Monte, MA CCC-SLP & Sarah Kinsella, MA CCC-SLP