Paid Live Webinar $25 (includes live event, pdf manual and Excel file plus the recording) - a tax invoice will be sent.
This session goes for 1.5 hours.
Excel has a built-in Data Validation feature that enables you to limit and control the entries that go into certain cells. You can use this to make sure users comply with your input requirements. Unfortunately the feature has one failing. Learn what it is and how to handle it.
This session will take you through some useful techniques to create flexible data validations including in-cell drop down lists.
The session covers
- setting upper and lower parameters – fixed and flexible
- creating custom error messages
- how to validate the validations and show the user when an error has been made
- creating in-cell drop down lists
- creating flexible lists that automatically expand and don’t require any complicated formulas
- how to create dependent drop downs – one drop down affects the entries in a second drop down
As always, a few other tips will be shared during the session.