Prior to 2017, the 97 resource conservation districts (RCDs) that span the state of California did not have a central online database for project tracking and reporting. To address this, 18 of the 97 RCDs volunteered to pilot the RCD Project Tracker website.
With the goal of cooperatively communicating the conservation benefits of their work to partners, funders, and the public, the RCD Project Tracker opened for business on July 1, 2017. Leveraging the open source license for the award-winning Lake Tahoe Environmental Improvement Project Tracker provided by the Tahoe Regional Planning Agency, it only took Sitka one month of development work to configure the platform for the group of California RCDs.
During this free, hour-long webcast, you can expect to learn:
- How the RCDs made their dream of a centralized database a reality
- How the RCDs funded the pilot program
- The value ProjectFirma provides by easily aligning with the themes and philosophies outlined by the Natural Resources Conservation Service
- An online demo of the Project Tracker
- An overview of the pilot results
- The plans for year two and beyond