WALGA is once again pleased to assist Local Governments encourage community participation in the forthcoming elections by presenting the Candidate’s Information Briefing on Wednesday 18 August 2021, commencing 5pm.
This webinar is intended for Candidates who are considering nominating for election, and will prepare those who are successful in the election for life as a Council Member.
The webinar will focus on the following key areas:
• Purpose of Local Government
• Role of the Council and Council Members
• Important Provisions of the Local Government Act 1995 and Regulations
• How Local Government Decision-making Occurs
• Personal Responsibility to Understand Conflicts of Interest
• New Code of Conduct Behaviour Provisions Relating to Candidates
• Induction and Council Member Essentials Training
• FAQs / Question and Answer Session
WALGA encourages Local Governments to provide community access to the webinar on 18 August, either by promoting registrations or by hosting a viewing. A recording of the webinar and responses to questions raised will be made available a few days after the presentation and this can be posted on your Local Government website.
Presenter: James McGovern