Urban leaders are the frontlines of crisis response, from the COVID-19 the pandemic and its associated economic, social and fiscal challenges to the growing protests over racial and economic justice and the looming reality of climate change. This session highlights the way urban leaders can best respond to build more inclusive, just and resilient cities and generate the policy innovations that can shape enduring change.
• Carole Saab, CEO, Federation of Canadian Municipalities
• Richard Florida, University Professor at University of Toronto’s School of Cities and Rotman School of Management, Distinguished Fellow at NYU and FIU, and Co-Founder and Senior Editor, The Atlantic City Lab
• Anita McGahan, University Professor and George E. Connell Chair in Organizations and Society, Rotman School of Management and Munk School of Global Affairs & Public Policy
• Shauna Brail, Associate Professor, Institute for Management & Innovation, University of Toronto Mississauga and Senior Associate, Innovation Policy Lab, Munk School of Global Affairs & Public Policy
• Supriya Dwivedi (moderator), Host of The Morning Show on Global News Radio 640 Toronto
Sponsors: Innovation Policy Lab at the Munk School of Global Affairs & Public Policy and the School of Cities, University of Toronto
Richard Florida photo by Zanetti Photography