Parallax Host: Ken Gracey
NICERC Hosts: Kevin Nolten and Tommy Gober
This is your opportunity to see the cyber:bot hardware in action! Learn about the Python programming tutorials Parallax is developing in collaboration with the National Integrated Cyber Education Research Center. The cyber:bot extends the popular BBC micro:bit to provide real-time I/O control to include our most popular robotic circuits including:
- Real-time control of motors with direction and speed;
- Whiskers as a simple touch-sensor for object avoidance;
- Photoresistors for light following and avoidance;
- Infrared sensors for wireless object detection; and
- Line sensors for following black electrical tape.
We will share the Python programming environment, release schedule, instructional tools and the robot hardware. This is an interactive webinar where you can ask questions, make comments and suggestions, and even have the opportunity to win a cyber:bot, just by attending! Educators, students and micro:bit users are encouraged to attend.