Meet GynZone Live: Meet the Expert Midwife Peggy Seehafer.
Peggy has 30 years of experience in suturing and evaluating healing in the perineum after vaginal births.
In Germany, home visits by midwives are offered up to 10 times after the birth.
Exclusively reserved for GynZone's contact persons at hospitals and educations licensed for online learning at www.gynzone.com
You can attend a 30-minute presentation and then 30 minutes of dialogue time.
Peggy Seehafer's presentation includes:
• The history of the episiotomy: why was the procedure invented?
• WHO guidelines for good practice: max 10% episiotomies
• Angle of the incision: 45 or 60 degrees?
• Starting point for the incision: mediolateral or lateral?
• Instruments on the market and new inventions in England and the Netherlands
• Healing after an episiotomy: what does the woman feel?
• Long-term perspective on women's abdomen: follow-up 30 years after birth
Link to online learning at GynZone:
Episiotomy, background, indications and procedure: https://my.gynzone.com/courses/77-episiotomy
Episiotomy repair https://my.gynzone.com/courses/10-episiotomy