This briefing will feature immigration, legal, and policy experts who will address the legal/regulatory issues impacting international students, scholars and others in higher education, outstanding questions for campuses, and the impact of recent government immigration-related actions in the wake of the COVID-19 crisis. The briefing will also feature the perspective of a campus leader, and cover advocacy and other actions that higher education organizations and leaders may consider taking to support international students, scholars, and other immigrant populations during this period. Resource materials will be shared.
• Alan Cramb, President, Illinois Institute of Technology
• Stephen Yale-Loehr, Professor of Immigration Law Practice, Cornell Law School; Faculty Director, Immigration Law and Policy Program, Attorney of Counsel, Miller Mayer LLP
• Steve Springer, Director, Regulatory Practice Liaison, NAFSA
• Heather Stewart, Counsel and Director of Immigration Policy, NAFSA
• Jose Magaña-Salgado, Director of Policy and Communications, Presidents' Alliance