If you think that plexiglass, hand cream and desk wipes are the most important issues in your Return to Work, then you will fail with your employees.
The most important issue: Trust in You as the Boss.
The current research:
• Nationwide, only 15-33% of offices are occupied today.
• 84% of bosses think they have done “great” job in managing the virus…
• But, 86% of employees don’t trust their CEO and senior managers to safely return employees to work.
• 29% of workers would look for a new job rather than return to a site that has not implemented necessary safety measures
Do your employees today trust you or your property manager that your workplace is safe for employees’ RTW?
NO! Your employees don’t trust you.
Lack of trust in you is not about plexiglass, hand cream and desk wipes. Those things are universally expected.
What about your workplace’s safety for emergencies other than COVID like civil unrest, workplace violence, a fire, bomb threat—there’s a long list of Life Safety threats. Your employees are stressed; are coworkers safe to be around? Drugs, alcohol, suicides, street crime, gun violence, gun sales, guns confiscated, OSHA complaints, OSHA citations—all of these uses and abuses are way up since the virus has struck.
Do your employees trust that you have planned for all this? Trained everyone?
1. What is your legal exposure re RTW?
2. What is the data for the new RTW threat: Employee stress, drug/alcohol use, suicide, workplace violence, etc.?
3. What are the laws, regulations and standards that focus on RTW for employers?
4. What leadership by you is necessary for a successful employee RTW strategy.
About the Presenter:
President, 911 Consulting
CEM, CPP, CHS-V, CBCP, CSI-ML, HSEEP, CNTA, IAC, MOAB, CHSP, CHEP, CSHM, CESCO, CHCM, CFC, CSSM, CSC, CAS, TFCT3, CERT, CHSEMR, CMC