This FREE 6-part webinar series intends to up-skill engineers in the design & decision-making associated with buildings constructed using timber. Upon completion, engineers & design professionals will be equipped with a greater awareness across the skills needed to design timber structures & with a knowledge specific to timber engineering design.
The workshop provides a foundation in timber engineering & goes on to focus on the three structural systems in timber construction – timber-frame, post & beam, & mass timber. Presenters Dr Jon Shanks & Prof. Geoff Boughton will guide you through these systems for entire buildings & as individual elements within overall building systems.
Part 3: 'Whole of Building Performance' will discuss the connections, load paths, building stability, movement, fire and acoustics of timber.
The webinar series consists of:
1. Thurs 23rd July – Material Basics & Wood Products
2. Thurs 30th July – Engineering Design to AS1720.1 & Other Sources
3. Thurs 6th August – Whole of Building Performance
4. Thurs 13th August – System focus 1 – Timber Framed Construction
5. Thurs 20th August – System focus 2 - CLT & Other Mass Timber Construction
6. Thurs 27th August – System focus 3 - Post & Beam & Hybrid Construction
After you have been added to the WS database, you will receive an email asking you to confirm your registration & set a password. Should you wish, you can opt out at this stage.
As a registered user you will be able to download WS technical design guides, fire test reports, other publications, view recordings of past webinars, listen to Timber Talks podcasts & submit Expert Advice questions.