In this webinar, attendees will learn why capital markets are focused on how companies integrate Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) factors into business management, and how the international goals for creating a just world and healthy planet - known as the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) – are creating opportunities for businesses to benefit from “good” profits.
ESG and the 6 capitals to which thriving businesses allocate resources.
• How 6 types of capital (Financial, Manufactured, Intellectual, Human, Social/Relational, and Natural capitals) have evolved and become essential for businesses to thrive
• The rise of sustainability as an effective business management tool
• The emergence of ESG analysis as an investment strategy and determinant of access to financial capital
The value of working toward achieving the SDGs.
• What are the SDGs (history, creation, duration, scope)
• Why should companies focus on them as a business opportunity (financial value; protecting & enhancing markets for future business)
• Why a focus on the SDGs is a moral imperative and will solve for interconnected “wicked” problems like climate change
The flow of international finance and the SDGs.
• How sustainability relates to international development and lending
• How the SDGs are being integrated into project terms and lending
• How SDGs are factored into risk mitigation and sustainability decisions