During this webinar, we will unpack the results and provide an in-depth overview of the skills shortages South Africa is facing and the anticipated impact of draft Critical Skills list on the industry.
This research over the past five years has assisted the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) and Department of Home Affairs (DHA) in determining which occupations and skills are deemed critical within South Africa and had subsequently been incorporated into the draft Critical Skills List now under consideration by DHA.
“Due to a shortage of accountants, organisations are forced to source and recruit foreign nationals to fill the gap,” says Faith Ngwenya, Technical and Standards Executive at the South African Institute of Professional Accountants (SAIPA).
Presenting on the topic will be Xpatweb’s Managing Director, Marisa Jacobs, who will provide valuable insight and unpack the following hot topics surrounding Critical Skills in South Africa:
• Top skills in demand in South Africa;
• Future of Critical Skills / Immigration industry in South Africa;
• General immigration concerns among participating organisations;
• Experience versus qualifications for top skills in shortage;
• Succession planning in the workplace; and
• Common prohibitors faced in recruiting critically skilled individuals.
Attendees will receive exclusive invitation to participate in the next 2021/2022 Critical Skills Survey during the second half of 2021 before opening to the public.