Join GreenStep for this informative webinar to learn about the technical side of carbon measurement. We will also cover carbon reduction tactics and how to offset what you can’t reduce.
By 2030 the price of carbon will increase fossil fuel-related operating costs by 30% to 100%, not including cost increases related to inflation. To get ahead of the carbon risk to your business, it will be important to understand your carbon footprint and make a plan to reduce it.
Measuring your carbon footprint is actually not that complicated, and similar to financial accounting standards, greenhouse gas (GHG) accounting standards exist.
- Learn how to determine your organizational and operational boundary
- Determine your reporting year and your base year
- Learn about emission (direct vs indirect) sources that apply to your organization
- Identify the data that you need to collect and how to track it over time
- Learn about setting reduction targets and how to offset some or all of your carbon footprint on the path to carbon neutrality
- Gain knowledge around best practices related to reporting your GHG emissions
- Lastly, gain an insight into various global organizations and initiatives related to tourism and the climate crisis and how joining the movement can offer inspiration and support from like-minded business leaders with shared values