Design for Developers
Presenter: Ruth Leopold, Designer at Redfin Solutions
Should a developer learn how to design? Should a designer learn how to code? The answer to both these questions is: just a bit. Luckily, they're not really as different as you might think. Learning just a little design will help you to understand the logic that goes into the smallest design decisions, make better decisions while coding, build empathy for your designers, and establish a shared language. Better communication between design and development naturally leads to time saved and products that can remain aligned to design principles and patterns as they grow.
In this session you will learn:
- The basic principles of any design
- How to create and use a color scheme
- Accessibility tips for translating design to code
- The details to look for in a design when writing CSS
- How to fill in the gaps between the mockup screen sizes
...and more! You may even feel a little more comfortable next time you're designing a slideshow or working on a side project.