LF Energy brings open source software, methods, and methodologies to the energy sector. LF Energy is a global open source project with 23 members in 10 countries worldwide, hosting projects and working groups that provide software, methods, and open data.
This webinar features project leader Anne Tilloy describing the PowSyBl project. PowSyBl provides the code building blocks for the simulations and analyses of power systems, for horizons from real-time operation to investment planning.
- Grid data model, described with Java classes and possibility to define extensions with plugins
- Data management system
- Importers and exporters for several formats (CIM, CGMES, UCTE…)
- APIs to various computation modules (load-flow, security analysis, short-circuit computation, sensitivity computation, optimizers, AMPL)
- Distribution framework for HPC (tested on a 10,000 cores platform)
- JavaFX user interface framework
- Advanced functions: grid model merging, remedial actions manager
- Modular architecture based on plugins