Join us for a visit to Cooper Farms, an Ohio turkey farm! Students will see inside two turkey barns: the starter barn where newly hatched poults grow to be 5 1/2 weeks old and the finishing barn where they will continue growing until they reach 21 weeks and are over 20 pounds.
Your students will learn about:
- turkey anatomy, behavior, and biosecurity
- different diets for different stages of life
- how turkeys are cared for as they grow
Cooper Farms has been in the turkey business since 1938. Today the company includes two hatcheries, meat processing plants, egg processing plants, feed mills, and many helping hands raising our turkeys, hogs and chickens on our farms.
This virtual field trip connects with the following Ohio Science Standards:
• Grade 1: Life Science: Basic Needs of Living Things
• Grade 2: Life Science: Interactions with Habitats
• Grade 3: Life Science: Behavior, Growth & Changes.
Trip length: 45 minutes
IF YOU ARE CONNECTING WITH STUDENTS IN THE CLASSROOM:
• Scroll down to the "Click here to join" link to connect via Zoom.
• DO NOT share your Zoom link with others. It is only valid for ONE single device to connect to the event. Other teachers must register separately to receive their own unique link to join.
IF YOU HAVE STUDENTS CONNECTING REMOTELY:
• Please provide them the YouTube Live link you'll receive via confirmation email to have them watch on individual devices.
• DO NOT share your Zoom link. It is only valid for ONE single device to connect, and intended for teachers presenting physically in the classroom.
• There is no need to register for this event. Watch via YouTube Live at 1 p.m. Eastern on May 18 at https://youtu.be/L1IRdHwV5zU
For technical assistance/questions, contact our partner, Dan Toland, at email@example.com.