On the occasion of International Cochlear Implant Day, which celebrates the life-changing impact of cochlear implants for deaf and hard of hearing persons around the world, an exchange between cochlear implant users, neurotechnologists and advocates sharing their experience and perspectives on how innovation should further address users’ needs.
Moderator: Lidia Best, Vice Chair, ITU Joint Coordination Activity on Accessibility and Human Factors (JCA-AHF)
• Sue Archbold, Ph.D., Hon LLD
• Patrick D’Haese, Ph.D., Corporate Director of Awareness and Public Affairs, MED-EL
• Robert Mandara, VP, European Association of Cochlear Implant Users (Euro-CIU)
• Dennis Selznick, CPACC, Business Development Manager, T-Mobile Accessibility
• Christian Vogler, Ph.D., Director of Technology Access Program, Gallaudet University
Event Conductor: Christopher M. Lee, PhD, Managing Director, International Association of Accessibility Professionals (IAAP), Chief Learning Officer, G3ict
The webinar is part of NeuroAbilities, the G3ict’s newest dedicated program to explore the current state of assistive solutions based on advanced Neurotechnologies, Brain-Computer Interfaces (BCI) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) enabling persons with disabilities and older persons to better interact with their environment. Visit: https://g3ict.org/research_programs/neuroabilities
Real-time closed captioning and ASL will be provided.