Date: Wednesday, 12 May
Time: 7:00 – 8:00pm
This webinar looks at the changing environments and challenges facing children with Dyspraxia/DCD during the transition from primary school to secondary school. The webinar aims to provide families with a greater understanding of the challenges their child may face during this transition. Pro-active planning and preparation will also be discussed.
Areas to be covered include:
• Reviewing new expectations and potential challenges children may face as they transition to secondary school.
• Ideas on how you and your child can prepare for these transitions.
• Strategies to help children adapt and succeed in their new surroundings.
• Discussion of the potential supports available during this transition.
• Participants will have a greater understanding of the challenges associated with the transition to secondary school.
• Participants will develop knowledge of a number of pro-active strategies to help their child plan and prepare for the transition to secondary school.
• Participants will have a knowledge of a number of strategies and teaching techniques to aid the student with Dyspraxia/DCD in the new Secondary classroom setting.
• Participants will have developed awareness of the supports and resources available to assist during the transition process.
Please note that a recording will not be shared with participants. Slides will be shared if the presenter is agreeable to this . Please only register for our webinars if you have an internet download speed greater than 6MB. Speed test your internet prior to registering. If you lose your internet connection during the webinar this doesn’t warrant a refund.
You can cancel your registration and get a full refund up to the start of the webinar. Once the webinar has commenced there are strictly no refunds. The cancellation button is at the bottom of your confirmation email.