This month marks the 75th Anniversary of National Disability Employment Awareness Month.
Over half of young adults with autism are unemployed and unrolled in higher education in the two years after high school—this is lower than any other disability group, and by the age of 25 more than 50% of individuals with ASD have never obtained paid employment.
Join Ohio’s Interagency Work Group on Autism and Employment First Task Force as we discuss this important topic. We’ll hear from Chloe Rothschild, autism advocate, writer and presenter about her own transition and employment experiences as well as members of the DeWine administration on the ways they are partnering to improve employment outcomes for Ohioans with autism.
• Chloe Rothschild, advocate, writer, presenter
• Paolo DeMaria, Superintendent, Ohio Department of Education
• Kim Hauck, Deputy Director, Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities
• Shannon Komisarek, Assistant Deputy Director, Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities
• Stacy Collins, Employment and Community Life Lead, Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities
The webinar takes place Friday, October 23 from 11-12 and is facilitated by OCALI’s Office of Policy.