This webinar is aimed at representatives of churches around the country, DAC staff and advisors, archdeacons and architects. It will focus on the practicalities of how churches who want to carry out environmentally-minded projects (insulation, heating, solar, EV car charging and the like) can best navigate the faculty system. How can they ‘get to yes’ by designing the right project and making their case well?
• What can churches do within list A. list B, and what needs full faculty, and why?
• Who should they get input from, and when, in the process?
• How do they prepare and present their application? What information is needed? What does a good project look like?
• What will their archdeacon want to know, and why? What will the DAC want to know? If it comes to the Church Buildings Council, what will the CBC want to know?
• Ven Malcolm Chamberlain, Archdeacon of Sheffield & Rotherham,
• Lisa McIntyre, the Leeds Diocese DAC Secretary,
• Keri Dearmer, an experienced case officer in the national Cathedral and Church Buildings Division,
• Nigel Walter, a conservation architect and member of the Church Buildings Council.
Note - this webinar is 1.5 hours long.
Monday 22nd November - noon-1:30pm