The third episode of our “Spotlight on…” virtual series focuses on the winners of the E-Mobility made in Africa, for Africa - Innovation Call 2021.
Pre-seed funding can jump start visionary African entrepreneurs, start-ups, and social ventures that are developing innovative e-mobility solutions in manufacturing, exploring innovative business models and creating mobility services (such as apps or delivery services). With this aim Siemens Stiftung launched its first E-Mobility Innovation Call “Electric Mobility – Made in Africa for Africa” in March 2021. From the multitude from application the renowned jury selected 5 winners.
As the foundation with its E-Mobility Program seeks to connect start-ups with relevant partners across the e-mobility sector while providing access to financing and collaboration opportunities, the winners have the stage on the third episode of our “Spotlight on…” virtual discussion series to present their business for an innovative and sustainable African e-mobility sector.
1st Prize MicroMek
• Laudatio by Daria Saharova, Venture Capital Investor
• Presentation of MikroMek by Dumisani Kaliati
2nd Prize BEAM Sarl
• Laudatio by David Rubia, Programme Officer at the United Nations Environment Programme
• Presentation of BEAM by William Ilboudo
3rd Prize Solar Taxi
• Laudatio by Juliana Rotich, Tech Entrepreneur and winner of the German government’s Africa Prize
• Presentation of Solar Taxi by Jorge Appiah
4th Prize - GreenFoot Africa
• Laudatio by Rolf Huber, Managing Director Siemens Stiftung
• Presentation of GreenFoot by Johnson Jacka
5th Prize Think Bikes Limited
• Laudatio by Olasimbo Sojinrin, Country Director Solar Sister Nigeria
• Presentation of Think Bikes by Olukokun Tolulope Opeyemi