To help the community better prepare for Hurricane Season, the first Barrier Islands Virtual Preparedness Summit is being presented by Pinellas County Emergency Management and beach community partners.
The online event will be held on Thursday, June 4, from 6 – 7 p.m. and will focus on evacuation options, public shelter planning, the season forecast and disaster preparedness.
The panel consists of:
• Indian Shores Mayor Patrick C. Soranno, President of the Barrier Islands Governmental Council (BIG-C)
• Cathie Perkins, Director of Pinellas County Emergency Management
• Chief Mike Burton, Pinellas Suncoast Fire & Rescue District
• Captain Nick Lazaris, Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office
• Mecca Serfustini, Health and Human Services Program Lead with Pinellas County Emergency Management
• Joe Primosch, Commander U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary Flotilla 11-3
• Bobby Deskins, Chief Meteorologist at 10 News WTSP Tampa/ St. Petersburg
• Moderated by Mary Burrell, Whole Community Engagement Lead with Pinellas County Emergency Management
During the online event, participants will be able to engage with the panelists through Q&A, chat and polling features. The webinar will be recorded and made available online.